Girls soccer ends season with first round playoff exit

This season was a good one for the Varsity Lady Jackets, making the first round of the CIF playoffs. Lots of up and downs for this team as they end the season with an overall record of 9-13, being third in the Sunkist league After getting eliminated in the first round against Paloma Valley, they want to adjust and improve, so that they can win the title next year. Coach Manuel Flores said, “The girls our getting better. Making the playoffs was a goal that was fulfilled for us. Lots of improvements were made and now our next step is to win the CIF title.” As Flores said, the goal was fulfilled and achieved for this season prior to not making the playoffs last year.

With a team of fast, young, and strong players, the Lady Jackets smashed their way into the first round. Freshman, Middle Field, Johanna Moreno also summarized this season saying, “Being this my first year, this was a good season for us. We tried our hardest and we made it to the playoffs. The result of that game was not in our favor, but we played our best.”

Not a bad year for the girls as they have a bright future for the girls as they plan on winning it all next season, making a splash in the Sunkist. Will the dream turn into reality in winning the CIF? Can they make it all the way next year as Coach Flores predicts?

$735
$10000

Mike Wexler
Mike Wexler, Sports Editor
$735
$10000

Activate Search